Wednesday, October 25, 2006
I got a package from my secret pal! There was a notebook with some wonderful Christmas patterns from Roxycraft. Some Milanos...mmmm. Some stickers, a notepad, a bamboo crochet hook(can't wait to use it), a zipper pouch, and a little doggie from the littlest petshop, and some magnets. What a wonderful way to start my day. And it was all wonderfully packaged with some tissue paper. You can see it in the background. Thanks Knit+Purl.
Monday, October 23, 2006
Sunday, October 15, 2006
Thursday, October 12, 2006
I got a present in the mail today from my secret pal. Thanks Secret Pal! I love it. It is handmade bath salts, bath tea, milk bath, soap, foot balm, lip balm and solid perfume. All of the bath stuff is lavendar scented. The foot balm is peppermint and the lip balm is chocolate mint. I can't wait to take a bath to try it out.
This is the latest thing that I have finished. It is for my grandmother in East Texas. I am now working on the Fatty Kitty pattern from Crochet Me. Oh, and I am up to 12 squares on the afghan I am working on.
Friday, October 06, 2006
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to crochet with? What fibers do you absolutely not like?
I don't have a favorite. I've used acrylic, wool, and cotton or a blend of those. I do not like fun fur or boa yarns.
2. What do you use to store your hooks in?
I use a plastic school box.
3. How long have you been crocheting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned how to crochet when I was about 9, and I crocheted a small blanket for my dolls, and then I didn't pick up a hook again until 20 years later. I started again in March, and I can't stop. I taught myself mostly, but my grandma helped me a little. I would consider myself intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? My favorite is milk chocolate.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I scrapbook. Do you spin? No.
8. What kind of music do you like? Modern alternative I guess. Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? Yes.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite is blue. I also like green. I don't really like bright yellow.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have a boyfriend and a dog.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? All of the above except I don't really have any ponchos, because I don't think I would wear them.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to crochet? I like to crochet purses and amigurumis.
13. What are you crocheting right now?
I am working on an afghan for my mom, and a little chihuahua for my grandma.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? N/A Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Aluminum or plastic.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? 1 month--my mom's afghan.
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas I guess, but not because of the presents, I like to decorate for Christmas and I like the feeling I get when everywhere you go, people are in the spirit of the holidays.
19. Is there anything that you collect? I collect keychains and pins, like lapel pins of the different places I go.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What crochet magazine subscriptions do you have? I want to get Not Your Mama's Crochet. I subscribe to Crochet! magazine and Crochet Today.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I would like to learn how to knit someday.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? No, and I wear a size 7 1/2 shoe, don't know my foot measurements.
23. When is your birthday? 9/1
And that is that!