Saturday, December 30, 2006
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Monday, December 11, 2006
I also bought these two Japanese books here and got them in the mail on Friday. Woo-hoo!
Anyway, I'm almost done with the afghan I am making for my mom. If all goes as planned, I should finish it this week. I started a scrapbook for my dog. Yep, I'm one of those people. It's a small one if that makes a difference. I made the first page for it yesterday. I also added the pictures to some photo ornaments. Then I started on a snowman from this Roxycraft pattern. And I did some Christmas shopping. It feels like the holidays to me now.
Monday, December 04, 2006
Here's what else I've been doing. I'm still working on the border for my mom's afghan, it's almost done. I'm currently reading the Watchmen, a graphic novel. I'm trying to catch up on some tv shows that I've been recording. Finally got to see the season premiere of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. It was pretty good, but we'll have to see how it goes. Saturday Night Live is one of my favorite TV shows, even when it's not funny, and I'm really excited they decided to release Season 1 in its entirety. Planning out my crochet schedule, so that I get the things done that I want to get done. That's about it. Well, until next time.
Monday, November 27, 2006
Friday, November 24, 2006
Thursday, November 16, 2006
I bought a Hello Kitty Japanese Crochet book from this Etsy shop on Friday. And I got it in the mail yesterday. I am very anxious to try something from it, but I'm still working on the afghan. 11 squares left. I'm hoping to have the squares put together by Sunday night. We'll see.
Thursday, November 09, 2006
So, I am now halfway done with the squares for my mom's afghan. It is the Sunrise Sunset afghan from Coats and Clark. It is pretty much the only thing I am working on right now. I finished all the dark background squares. Now I have to get on the light background ones. This is my first afghan with squares, and it is taking me a while.
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
I got a package from my secret pal! There was a notebook with some wonderful Christmas patterns from Roxycraft. Some Milanos...mmmm. Some stickers, a notepad, a bamboo crochet hook(can't wait to use it), a zipper pouch, and a little doggie from the littlest petshop, and some magnets. What a wonderful way to start my day. And it was all wonderfully packaged with some tissue paper. You can see it in the background. Thanks Knit+Purl.
Monday, October 23, 2006
Sunday, October 15, 2006
Thursday, October 12, 2006
I got a present in the mail today from my secret pal. Thanks Secret Pal! I love it. It is handmade bath salts, bath tea, milk bath, soap, foot balm, lip balm and solid perfume. All of the bath stuff is lavendar scented. The foot balm is peppermint and the lip balm is chocolate mint. I can't wait to take a bath to try it out.
This is the latest thing that I have finished. It is for my grandmother in East Texas. I am now working on the Fatty Kitty pattern from Crochet Me. Oh, and I am up to 12 squares on the afghan I am working on.
Friday, October 06, 2006
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to crochet with? What fibers do you absolutely not like?
I don't have a favorite. I've used acrylic, wool, and cotton or a blend of those. I do not like fun fur or boa yarns.
2. What do you use to store your hooks in?
I use a plastic school box.
3. How long have you been crocheting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned how to crochet when I was about 9, and I crocheted a small blanket for my dolls, and then I didn't pick up a hook again until 20 years later. I started again in March, and I can't stop. I taught myself mostly, but my grandma helped me a little. I would consider myself intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? My favorite is milk chocolate.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I scrapbook. Do you spin? No.
8. What kind of music do you like? Modern alternative I guess. Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? Yes.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite is blue. I also like green. I don't really like bright yellow.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have a boyfriend and a dog.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? All of the above except I don't really have any ponchos, because I don't think I would wear them.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to crochet? I like to crochet purses and amigurumis.
13. What are you crocheting right now?
I am working on an afghan for my mom, and a little chihuahua for my grandma.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? N/A Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Aluminum or plastic.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? 1 month--my mom's afghan.
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas I guess, but not because of the presents, I like to decorate for Christmas and I like the feeling I get when everywhere you go, people are in the spirit of the holidays.
19. Is there anything that you collect? I collect keychains and pins, like lapel pins of the different places I go.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What crochet magazine subscriptions do you have? I want to get Not Your Mama's Crochet. I subscribe to Crochet! magazine and Crochet Today.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I would like to learn how to knit someday.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? No, and I wear a size 7 1/2 shoe, don't know my foot measurements.
23. When is your birthday? 9/1
And that is that!
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Friday, September 29, 2006
I just finished this scarf that I was making for my sister. It took me three weeks. That's the longest I've consecutively worked on anything. I had previously made one for myself and it seemed to take a long time too. I like the way it came out, but I'm glad I'm finished so I can start working on other things. Update on my mom's afghan. I've got 7 squares done now. I'm not working on it that much. I was trying to finish that scarf. My goal is to have 14 squares done by the end of Sunday.
Sunday, September 10, 2006
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
This is the One Skein Scarf from the Happy Hooker.
This is an afghan that I started for my mom. I've only made two squares thus far, but I've got a couple of months to finish it.
This is a scarf of my own pattern that I made to use up some Moda Dea yarn in Wild!, I doubled it up with some Red Heart Red Ranch. It feels fuzzy and nice.
Monday, August 21, 2006
Sunday, August 06, 2006
I'm going to the beach tomorrow, near Galveston for a week, so I won't post, but I'll have lots to post when I get back.
Sunday, July 23, 2006
Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Remarkably I did not start a new crochet project today. I have been doing them back to back. But I moved to a different apartment about a month ago, and I'm still not completely unpacked. I work too much. No fun. Anyway, I wanted to share a picture of my dog. She is trying to play with my boyfriend. Note the crazy eyes... She is a rat terrier mix...around 20 lbs. But she's sweet. My boyfriend got a Marx Brothers DVD collection for Christmas, and we just watched the extras on it. Groucho is so funny. They all were.