Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Update!

This picture is from Erin McKeown and Carrie Rodriguez at the Cactus Cafe on 2/22/2011. What a great venue for them. And afterwards I bought the latest CD from each of them. I got to meet Erin and she signed my CD. Erin's latest CD is Hundreds of Lions. Carrie's is Love and Circumstance.

These 2 photos are from a Doug Burr show at the Mohawk on 3/5/2011. This show was pretty good. I've never considered myself a Doug Burr fan, I went out there to hang out with some friends, but I enjoyed myself.

Other music related topics: I bought some CDs this weekend.

These 2 Decemberists albums: The Crane Wife and Castaways and Cutouts


I highly recommend both albums. Good stuff. I also bought:





















I also bought a CD of 80s hits, here's the tracklisting:

CD1:
1. Ambrosia - Biggest Part of Me
2. Starship - Sara
3. Tiffany - I Saw Him Standing There
4. Debbie Gibson - Only in My Dreams
5. The Jets - Crush on You
6. Shannon - Let the Music Play
7. Buckner & Garcia - Pac Man Fever
8. Juice Newton - Queen of Hearts
9. Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Around (Like a Record)
10. Little River Band - The Night Owls
11. Howard Jones - No One is the Blame
12. Taylor Dayne - Tell It to My Heart
13. Night Ranger - Sentimental Street

CD2:
1. Marvin Gaye - Sexual Healing
2. Kool & the Gang - Ladies Night
3. Berlin - Take My Breath Away
4. Little River Band - Take it Easy on Me
5. Taylor Dayne - I'll Always Love You
6. Juice Newton - Angel of the Morning
7. Leo Sayer - More Than I Can Say
8. A Taste of Honey - Sukiyaki
9. Kool & the Gang - Joanna
10. Dionne Warwick - That's What Friends are For
11. Little River Band - Man on Your Mind
12. Hall & Oates - A Lot of Changes Comin'

So 2 discs for $6.99 at Best Buy, I couldn't pass it up.

I have crocheted things to post on here, but it is 3:41am and I don't feel like uploading them from my camera. Coming up will be my SXSW recap as well as more finished objects and an update on the film I am currently working on, Flocker. Also I am getting some film developed that I took with my lomography camera. I'll post them if they come out interesting. As I'm composing this post, I am listening to Sgt. Pepper's. That's all for now, off to bed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You did it! lol :)
I really like those two Decemberists albums...especially The Crane Wife. Both very good choices. Look forward to reading more.