Thursday, March 01, 2007

SP 10 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like just about everything. My favorite is anything soft.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a yarn tote from Joann's that my sister got me for Christmas. It has some pockets for needles and hooks, though I've used them all already.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I'm mostly a crocheter. I've been crocheting for about a year. I would consider myself intermediate to advanced crocheter. I just started knitting like 2 weeks ago. I am half-way done with my very first knitting object, a garter stitch scarf.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No.

5. What's your favorite scent?
Vanilla.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I like chocolate, milk chocolate.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I also scrapbook. I do not spin.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I guess you would call it modern rock. My favorite all time band is Pearl Jam, but right now I'm loving the Killers.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Favorite colors are blue, any shade. I also really like dark grey, and dark brown, and pink.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a dog, she is a rat terrier/chihuahua mix.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves and mittens.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Currently I've only knit half a scarf, but my favorite things to crochet...hmmm...it comes in waves, I've been crocheting scarves for the past 2 months, but I feel that trend starting to fade. I like making purses and small animals.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Knitting: Garter stitch scarf. Crocheting: scarf.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Straight needles so far. I've only gotten to use aluminum. Prefer aluminum crochet hooks.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I think it is 3 months. It is an octopus pattern that I'm more than halfway done with. I ran out of yarn and had a hard time finding the color, and when I did, I had to put it away to make Christmas presents.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
I like Christmas.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
I collect key chains.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I subscribe to Crochet! and Crochet Today. There are a lot of different yarns I would like to try out, I have only just begun to explore.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
All of the knitting ones, I only know the knit stitch currently.


22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
No.

23. When is your birthday?
September 1.

2 comments:

Rina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rina said...

Nice to get to know you! I'm in the same boat--intermediate crochet, beginner knitting. It's so hard to get motivated with knitting because it's really slow compared to crochet, but I like knit garments.

If you feel like another exercise like this, I tagged you for Six Weird Things. The url didn't come through on the first try, but if you go to http://redcrochet.wordpress.com, it's the 3/7 post. It was really fun.