Saturday, August 04, 2007

Okay, here is the progression on my 2x2 rib scarf. You can't really tell from the picture, but it is a little more than 4 inches long now. I am going to the beach next week for 6 days, so I am going to list the projects that I plan on taking. This scarf is one of them, though I don't plan on finishing it there. I get bored, so I have to have other projects going on.
This is the baby booties I was talking about in my last post. The pattern is by Candi Jensen and is in the August/September 06 issue of Crochet Today. I'm not done with that bootie yet, I still have to do the instep and the tongue. It seems kind of big, but the pattern says it is for 3-6 months. I didn't notice that until after I started, but I am going to finish them anyway. I am using Baby Bee Lambkins Baby Boucle' in Baby Blue. I got it from Hobby Lobby, I've only ever seen it there.
I also bought yarn to do this cardigan from the same issue of Crochet Today. You might notice that I am doing lots of patterns from this magazine. I have a lot of patterns and in order to make any of them, I have to narrow my focus, so I am working the patterns from this magazine that I like. It will be my first actual garment. I bought Red Heart Soft Yarn, as featured in the pattern, because like I said it will be my first garment, and the yarn was relatively inexpensive, so if I mess up, it won't cost me much. The color is Chocolate. I'm not putting the ribbon around the edges. I've been crocheting for a little over a year now, but I've made lots of stuff and am pretty confident that I can do this. Wish me luck. Also for my pregnant friend, I am going to make the Li'l Monkey baby blanket and hat from Stitch 'N Bitch: the Happy Hooker, but not in the colors featured in the book. I decided to use baby blue instead of red, the off white is the same yarn in the pattern, and I couldn't find the Bernat Softee Chunky Twists in the recommended yarn, so I went one lighter. I think it will be cute.

And last but not least I am bringing 4 different color yarns to make some boy beanies from the Happy Hooker. My boyfriend's 3 brothers want one, my brother wants one, and I want one. I probably won't be able to post again until I get back, but hopefully I will have lots of FO's to post. Have a good week.

No comments: