Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Secret Pal 9!!


Thanks so much Michelle! Your gift was awesome. There was Hello Kitty stuff, which I love, some Peruvian wool(4 hanks(?) of Cascade), some knitting needles, a knitting bag, and a pattern. I can't wait to get started knitting.
I've made a resolution to not buy anymore yarn until I use up some of my stash. Not that I don't like having a stash, but it's getting out of control. The rules are as follows:
1. I can buy more yarn to finish a project I've already started.
2. I can buy more yarn if it is something special for someone else and there is absolutely nothing I have that could possibly be right.
3. I can buy some yarn after every 7 projects I do. At first I was gonna say 5 but that seemed too low, and 10 seemed too high. My goal is not to completely eliminate my stash, but to work on some projects I've been meaning to do. I think the yarn is distracting me.
4. And of course I can receive yarn as a gift. My grandmother picks up bags full sometimes at garage sales.
I don't think I ever really wrote out my fiber resolutions.
1. Learn to knit.
2. Crochet a garment.
3. Make at least 3 Christmas presents.
4. And one for me--Make the Babette blanket. It is a really cool crocheted blanket from Interweave Crochet spring '06. I already have the yarn, but other projects keep trumping anything for me. That would use up a considerable portion of my yarn stash.
There you go. Wrote out some goals, and displayed my wonderful Secret Pal gift. Now, if I could just finish the last thing for my secret pal, I'd be all set.

No comments: