Monday, October 01, 2007

new stuff

I knit this washcloth. It is from a graph in Stitch 'N Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook.
I am working on Momo the Octopus again, finally. I have 4 of the legs done. Four more to go.
And finally, my mom picked up a bag of stuff for me at a garage sale. Included was this. I didn't know what it was until I could get home and look it up on the internet. I don't know how to use it yet, but I will one day.
She also got this. It is three balls of handspun camel hair blend, from Saudi Arabia, the garage sale lady said. It is pretty course, so I think I might make a belt or something out of it. Not sure yet. It seems kind of dirty too. So I will definitely hand wash whatever I make out of it before I can use it.
Then there are 12 balls of 100% mohair yarn from Italy. They are 88yd balls according to the label. They are pretty dirty too. I can't wait to make something out of them though. There was also a very nice set of knitting needles. Anyway, as soon as I finish Momo, I think I might make something for Halloween. I can't believe I'm only working on one project right now.

No comments: