Sunday, October 14, 2007

Yarn excursions

A new yarn store opened here in Austin. The Knitting Nest. I bought 5 skeins of Cascade 220 to cast on a Slytherin scarf using the pattern from Charmed Knits. And then I bought a skein of Cascade 220 Quatro to make the Hot Head beanie from Stitch 'N Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook. Yeah!
Here is my WIP of Monsters Under the Bed from Anapaula's etsy shop. I've finished the arms, I just need to do the feet.
This is a hat from a free pattern on Caron's website. I may have to rip it all out if it ends up being too small. I have a big head, and crochet isn't very stretchy. I didn't understand how to make the gauge swatch.
And here is my gauge swatch for my ruffled jacket from Crochet Today! I had to use an M hook, the pattern calls for an I hook, so I am quite a tight crocheter. I like it and hope that it turns out well. I plan on starting the actual garment tonight.

No comments: